Sunday 15 January 2017

Another funeral in our community

Epitaph
Don't cry for me, I am not gone,
I am the wind on the grass and the corn.
Don't feel my loss, I've not left the land,
I am a billion grains of sand.
Don't think that I've left,  I've gone back to the shore,
I'm in between waves and the ocean floor.
Don't hate this event, unhappy no doubt
It won't last forever, all fires will burn out

Don't cry for long, there's more sadness to come
Regain your humour, you have to be strong
Cry quickly for friends and my family
Who can no longer laugh and talk with me
Then cry for the billions disrupted by war
Dragged from their houses and forced to conform
Heaven is not for us mortals it seems
Heaven exists in our innermost dreams
But if you do one thing. Please do this for me
Make me a heaven on earth, for us 'we'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your feedback here, love to hear from you :)