Saturday 27 February 2016

The geese are back


I know I say this too early every year, but I think spring is coming. It is only February, but the goats are frollicking in the field, the sun has been out more than in this week and despite a generous snowfall, I think we are all feeling the power in the sun.  Even the solar panels have started to work their magic.

This year we may get lambs. We have 3 sheep – one our own bottle reared lamb Shouty, and 2 others gifted to us who I have named Sniffy and Pretty – no explanations needed.
They went to see a fine fellow in the next door village before Christmas, and while we were told that they were too fat and spoilt to have been 'receptive' I do wonder whether it is all grass on those bellies or something more.

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your feedback here, love to hear from you :)